Register with Jenni Byvald / firstname.lastname@example.org
For all international employees at AHO (including PHD Fellows)
This seminar will give you a practical insight into what is expected in Norway, in both business and social settings. You will learn about the formal code of conduct and the unwritten rules of working in Norway.
Norwegian workplace culture has important elements that are not found in most other western countries, and this may cause misunderstandings and frustration. The seminar is suitable for all international employees who grew up outside Scandinavia, whether you have just arrived in Norway or you have been here for some time.
- Build a bridge between cultures
- Learn what is special about Norwegian culture
- Become more confident about how to behave in Norway
- Reduce misunderstandings and communication issues
- Introduction and quick glance at Norwegian lifestyle
- Major cultural traits of Norwegian workplace culture
- Scenarios from the workplace where cultural differences may typically be an issue
- Group discussion for reflection
- Suggested good solutions
- Explanation of what is considered acceptable behavior in Norway
- Socializing in Norway, e.g.: how to make friends in Norway, visiting Norwegians at home, party culture
Course instructor: Karin Ellis from Ellis Culture